Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome to 'The Day Dream'!

Yet Another Period Drama Blog
via
I am delighted, my dear Monsieur Chaubertin (er, beg pardon.......... Chauvelin) to welcome you to the Day Dream.  On this - Sir Percy Blakeney's private yacht - there are no one except the members of the League, brave and dauntless; and Sir Percy himself, even more brave and dauntless.

Sink me!  I'm so glad you've come to see the launching of the Day Dream.

What you should expect from this blog in the next few months:
*Random nonsense on The Scarlet Pimpernel, Baroness Orczy, and the French Revolution.
*Lots of pictures.  I go through the (1982) movie with my hand on the 'print screen' key, stopping every minute to think, "Oh, what a hilarious scene!" or "Percy looks so heroic there.  I just need a screencap!"
*Lots of guest posts and (hopefully) discussion topics.
*Reviews of the books and movies
*Information about anything you can think of.  (And anything you can't.)
*Way too many quotes. (If that is possible.)
*A whole lot of fun.
*Constant but unscheduled posting.  It is an acknowledged fact that whenever the Scarlet Pimpernel is least expected, then a post about him will immediately appear.

What you should not expect from this blog:
*Intelligent thought.  The reason I admire Sir Percy's intelligence so much is that I have absolutely no brains at all.  Just sayin'.
*Becoming seriousness.  Seriousness is never becoming, especially in the presence of ladies.

Now, if you'll excuse me, but I am so very fatigued..........

10 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

Odd's fish, m'dear, 'twould seem I'm your first follower!
I am SO SO SO SO SO thrilled to see this blog, I shall have such fun perusing it! What a splendid idea! I shall look forward to each and every post! I must stop using so many exclamation points!

Alexandra said...

SCREAM! So I am literally screaming in fangirlish delight!!! Hoorah!

Abby said...

Oh, thank goodness for this blog! There isn't enough Scarlet Pimpernel related stuff out there - although what would be classed as 'enough' I do not know - so THANK YOU a hundred times over! This first post had me laughing all the way through, and I can't wait to see what happens here! Perhaps if I come up with some random nonsense, I'll contribute something - who knows! Oh, this is just so terribly exciting! I, like Miss Dashwood, am afflicted with using too many exclamation points!

~Abby

Anonymous said...

Sink me, the lady's a poet! : )

I love this movie... and book... and series. Can't wait to read what you have to say about our beloved Pimpernel! (Like Abby said, there's never enough Scarlet Pimpernel stuff out there...)

Ashley

Katie Wegner said...

I just read the book a little while ago. And I loved it! Is the movie any good? I've been wondering of I should watch it :D . Should I?

In Christ,
Katie

ROD said...

Oh betwixed perhaps some input from the knightly gender would enhance the blog? But of course though knowest that it would require the approval of the ladies circle of honor and purity :) I anxiously await your response ;-)

ROD said...

Oh! I forgot that elusive Pimpernel :-)

Maria Elisabeth said...

Katie,
Yes, you definately should watch the movie. I'll be posting a review of it in a few days.

ROD,
I don't know very many guys who like the Scarlet Pimpernel, but some input from the 'knightly gender' would certainly be welcome, if they care to give it. :)

Tianna S said...

This is awesome! I am so very excited about this blog! :) Forward ho!

An Old-Fashioned Girl said...

Hello, I'm a friend of Miss Dashwood's, and a loyal fan of Sir Percy, so I absolutely adore this blog! Here's the link to my blog, A Superior Felicity- asuperiorfelicity.blogspot.com . Do stop by!