Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jane Seymour on the Set of The Scarlet Pimpernel...

I've lamented many times the complete lack of TSP 1982 related stuff...I've searched far and wide alllll over the Internet and have only found the teeniest one-paragraph snippet of an interview with Anthony Andrews (which I will post asap)...honestly, it's one of his most famous roles, you'd think that someone would have the brains to ask him a gazillion questions for we starrrrrving fans...but no. And not only that, but there's only the smidgetiest smidgen of an interview with Ian McKellan on the Internet, and nothing from Jane Seymour! The nerve, people!!!

So when I accidentally stumbled across this jewel on YouTube (and whoever posted it...I will be your best friend forever and ever and ever...), I think I might have screamed. There is no evidence, but it is rumored that I did. I know I instantly emailed it to several people. And watched it a gazillion times that hour. Yeah, I'm that bad.

The fraction of a second we see Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour together on set is heavenly for this deranged fan...like a friend of mine said, it's the closest thing we see to Percy and Marguerite happily married, since in the movie after they're married they either are barely speaking to each other or are beating off bad guys, so you don't get very many nice old married couple kind of scenes. Sigh.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do...and I think we should investigate a campaign to get a new edition of the DVD coming...with looooooooots of interviews!!! What say ye?

9 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!
Her baby is the adorablest ever. Just sayin'. I love behind-the-scenes stuff like this, where it isn't just an interview with the director (I like those too though), but actual real footage of the actors (preferably still in costume :D) being actual real people. And the Blakeneys holding hands was just too cute. JUST TOO CUTE.
I'm in love with this video.

Maria Elisabeth said...

That was totally so cool. And the lace on Percy's cuffs! So amazing! Why can't other people have cuffs like that?

And yesssssssssssss. I'd write a million letters to someone to get a new edition of the DVD, but I don't really know who to write. Grrrrr.

Sherry said...

Great video AllY, I loved it too! Great job finding it! LOVE her accent!

Alexandra said...

I know!!! The Blakeneys holding hands was just the most adorable thing ever. And surely there's gotta be more where that comes from. I'm sorely tempted to see what would go into writing letters. Sorely tempted. We shall see!

And yes, Percy's lace is amazing. Also the boots. How I love his boots. Yup, yup.

Happy sigh.

Maria Elisabeth said...

*goes back to see what the boots are like* Oh yes, yes, yes. Those boots are amazing.

Melanie Boudwin said...

Delicious! You must be quite the detective to have found this! :)

I would love to know more about how this version was conceived and completed. It is quite simply the best adaptation out there. (Though Pimpernel Smith, the WWII adaptation of the story with Leslie Howard gave me chills and even helped inspire a man to rescue people during the war himself! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Pimpernel%22_Smith )

I'm excited to see what other cool clips and bits you discover. Thank you for sharing them!

Alexandra said...

Melanie -

Thanks for the link! I have seen bits and pieces of Pimpernel Smith and hope to see it all eventually! I love any kind of "retellings" of stories set in different time periods, so I was excited to hear about this version!

Lauren said...

Yes! A new DVD version is needed! They don't even sell the old one anywhere except Amazon as far as I can tell. Sadness:(

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog