Thursday, July 12, 2012

We Only Know When He Begins to Sing to Me...erm...Us...


We all will sing, sing, sing all night!

For all you faithful AA/Percy fans out there...Saturday we unite!

This Saturday evening (July 14th) at seven o'clock (afternoon for those of us on the American side of the pond...I'm Central Time and that will be one o'clock for me) will be the concert version of My Fair Lady at the BBC Proms, starring our own Anthony Andrews (not that he's ours...really...well, you know) as Professor Henry Higgins! The best part...they will be broadcasting the audio online!!!

I don't know about you, but I have wished in my wildest dreams (and those Impossible Bucket Lists) to see him play Higgins after reading of his stint in the role in the early 2000's, and hearing him is probably the closest I will get. To say I'm excited is...well...a huge understatement.

The link is here...so tune in! If you would like, you can follow some of the Leaguettes lead (myself included) and blog your thoughts after the concert!

Sink me, if he isn't going to go and do it! And all we can say is, congratulations, old chap!  

9 comments:

Little Lady said...

O. M. W. That is SO CRAZY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!

Miss Dashwood said...

From what I heard, he was far too embarrassed to do it, but, well, if they insisted...

Anonymous said...

I hope that's a rhetorical question.... I've been sighing and screaming at random for the past WEEK.

I'm on Eastern time, so two o'clock for me. Everyone is going to be at a friend's house for an airsoft gun fight, and I'll be at home, listening to it on the TV with surround sound... and recording, hopefully. : )

Twenty-six hours!!!
Eowyn

Abby said...

This is so exciting! I'll be in a coach travelling across France and Germany when it's playing live (with no internet access!) but hopefully I'll be able to catch up on it next week some time :) I can't wait to hear what you all think of it. It is a shame they're not showing a visual recording as well though! :/

I do love the Proms, though - I'll definitely be watching the first night on tv tonight! :D

~Abby

Miss Melody Muffin said...

Oh, dear. Our laptop decided to give us problems and I'm not sure if it will be fixed by tomorrow. So I don't know if I'll be able to catch it or not. Right now I'm just praying the problem can be fixed without the computer crashing completely and losing a year's worth of work!! (I know you're supposed to back things up... it's a long story.)

Anonymous said...

Abby, you are sooooo lucky.... : P What I wouldn't give to see AA in MFL... isn't much. : D

Listening to the first prom and I just heard them say to "listen tomorrow for My Fair Lady starring Anthony Andrews" and I did a happy dance and screamed. : P

Figures that tickets sold out TWO HOURS after going on sale!!

Eowyn

Miss Dashwood said...

Miss Melody Muffin, the show will be on the BBC Proms web site for another week after the initial broadcast, so if you miss it, you can always listen in later! :D

Lily of the Valley said...

Ohh! How delightful! Perhaps I shall turn it on while I do the dusting... t'will make one of my least favorite chores much more lively!

Anonymous said...

Wow. He did it! And. Was. Amazing.

Here are my thoughts!
http://inklingspress.blogspot.com/2012/07/anthony-andrews-in-my-fair-lady.html

Eowyn