Wednesday, May 29, 2013

If Percy Went Postal...



Sooooooo the other night I was watching an episode of Columbo, which if you didn't know, is a mystery series about a police detective (Peter Falk, whom you may be more familiar with as the grandfather on The Princess Bride) who solves crime. This particular episode was called "Columbo Goes to the Guillotine", and it was about him solving a particularly bizarre case where a man was murdered by a magician's guillotine. The murderer was none other than (SPOILERS)...our own Anthony Andrews (yes, Leaguettes, I think we can say he's "ours"...and yes, that was the whole reason why I watched the episode. I am not ashamed...).

Of course, as a fangirl I found it highly amusing (in a highly morbid way) that Anthony Andrews would be a murderer who used...a guillotine. Of all things, ya know. Makes you wonder (even though I haven't yet found any evidence to support my suspicion) if it was a coincidence. Probably not. But it is funny. He was a delicious villain, have to admit. Enjoyed it immensely - and I have to admit at giggling when he stroked the guillotine and went on about how it would be "a dreadful way to die". Call it Percy cracking. The stress of being the Pimpernel finally getting to him. Percy murders with a gullotine! Horrors! Whatever. Anyway. Just a tidbit I thought y'all might enjoy. :D

(and THANK YOU so much to everyone for the wonderful birthday surprise! I love our wee community so much...you all made my day!!!)

3 comments:

Melody said...

Oh so you finally watched this! Great minds think alike... I just looked this episode up on the library site seriously a few days ago. (They didn't have it. Sniff.) It was one of the later episodes, anyway, not what I usually watch... so I wasn't quite sure about it. ;) But anyway.

So was he supposed to be British, then?

Alexandra said...

Who, AA's character? Yes, he was. Haha about just checking it out...funny how that works. ;) Yes, great minds think alike! :)

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

One of my favorite Columbo episodes! Funny, I had forgotten that AA was in one of those. And how deliciously ironic that he's the murderer who kills with a guillotine! Yeah, there had to be someone either in casting, directing or even his agent who thought it would be funny. haha :)